Saturday, January 9, 2010

Location Picked, BH Design Finished

After the survey, I decided to build my first BH.
I found a suitable plot of land, of which I managed to ask the owner
to sell part of them to me. It is now in the process of dividing it into two plots
and doing title deed transfer. It should be finished by end of Jan 2010.

In the meantime, I started to design my own BH. This is a very brave decision to do it on my own without any hired consultant or taking any seminar before. I am quite confident that with all the readings during the past five months, I can put all of my learning into a real thing. However, whether it will work out as hope or not is remained to be seen in the near future.
Well, no pain, no gain, right?

So, it will be a 6* 20 meter (w*l) building on a shallow pond to prevent predators getting into the building. The length will face north and south to avoid too much sunlight and heat accumulation into the building.
On the west side, there will be a double wall, 2 meter apart with 1 meter wide staircase built in between this two meters space. This 2 meters space will function as a heat insulation from the afternoon sun and heat getting into the building.
On the south side, the wall will also be a double wall, 15 cm. apart to avoid heat accumulation into the building as well.
For north and east sides, it will simply be a normal one layer brick wall to save cost. I can do this because I have checked and found that the average temperature and humidity in this area are within the required ranges( 80%RH and under 30 degree celcius) all year round. For other climatic conditions, it is not recommended to do as I did, double walls for all sides are safer.

I will use an open roof entrance at 2* 3 meter and my roving area will be 6*8 meter with 6.5 meter high. There will be 3 stories for nesting room, each at 3.5 meter high. Each inter-floor hole will be 1.5 * 2 meter.







My dear hubby also made me the model of this BH from used corrugated paper at the scale of 1:25. This model was quite useful as I could see whether the design on paper came out the way I wanted or not. Along the way, I had to do few corrections to the design as the model didn't come out the way I wanted.
























Hopefully, I can start the construction by Feb 2010 and completed by Jun 2010 the latest.
The total budget excluding land, will be around 2 million Baht or US$ 60,600.

6 comments:

  1. Good to know you are on the way...

    Best wishes
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's almost April now, still couldn't start construction.
    Delay, delay and delay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please pictures in jpeg form Flas so I can not see the size of the image in detail. and send to email mal1287@yahoo.com. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. please sketch / jpeg image above in the form so that I can see in detail the size of the swiftlet house design. and send to email myboyjames007@yahoo.com thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. What address or url sketch drawings
    (picture), so that I can see in detail the size of swiftlet house. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bh is 6 meter wide and 20 meter in length.

    ReplyDelete