Friday, January 14, 2011

Just came back

Just came back from checking my bird house. This is my first visit since operating.
Before I went down there, I was reported that there were very few birds surveying in the whole area during past weeks.

On Tuesday Jan 11th afternoon that I arrived, I saw few birds circling above my house.
Checked the CCTV tape on the past weeks, indeed there were very few records.

bh1

Went inside the house to check bird shit. Found only one small spot.

first spot

Checked the temperature and humidity of second floor from the controller. Not too bad.
Controllers for other floors are not installed yet.
This one is from Korea with very good quality sensor with 30 meters wire.

controller

On the next day saw 10-40 birds circling above the house from 7-9 am, 1 pm and 4.30- 5.30 pm.
But it looked like birds preferred to fly above the entrance hole all day, very few get inside!
Also found that the internal sound tweeters were too loud.
So it seemed like there are certain things that are not right, that deterred birds from going inside the house.
Need to do more home works!



For peace of mind, I told myself since this is a stand alone BH, I can't expect the result to be as good as those in the center.
In fact all the internal tweeters were just installed last week. Two weeks before that, only the external sounds were played.

2 comments:

  1. From looking at the birds' droppings, quite a few birds have already slept in your BH. So, I don't think you have to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, I hope there will be more spots soon.

    ReplyDelete