Saturday, January 15, 2011

Testing New Sound

During one year of my blog writing, I met all walks of life.
Some of my readers (type A), I don't want to describe them. I only know that I don't want to associate with.
But some of my readers (type B), quite a few, are very kind, very polite, very nice and very generous persons.
So even the ratio of type A: type B is 100: 1, I still think that this blog writing and sharing is worth my effort.

Recently one of my nice reader, Mr.E, who wanted to remain anonymous, recommended me a good sound and couldn't resist me asking for his sound (he also didn't want me to expose the sound name) sent me the sound. He wanted me to test the sound and see for myself how good this sound is and then let him know the result. This sound is not for sale!

I live 600 km away from my BH. How to test a sound from 600 km away during this monsoon season which very few birds playing with sounds at any BH? I have to find a way to test this sound. So I told my friend that I wanted to test a sound inside his BH with his current tenants, lucky me to have a nice friend, he agreed to one sound. Thus, he played this new sound for me on his two speakers at the entrance hole of his nesting room.

Here are the results:
Jan 8th, Jan 9th two days before the experiment, speakers still played his old sound.
The data from our recorder showed very few records in the morning around 6.30 am.
Birds woke up and left the house as usual.

data jan8

data jan9

In the late evening of Jan 9th, he changed his current sound to this new sound.

Next morning on Jan 10th, at 6.30 am, the no. of records jumped to more than 100 records which were too many records for the recorder to show in one page, and also at around 6.30 am., the datum were of much higher KB from the previous days, increasing from 3552, 1874 KB to 10387 KB. Which mean the CCTV detected more motions on this day than the previous two days.

jan10

data jan10

Jan10th, birds woke up in the morning didn't leave the house as usual, they couldn't resist flying around, checking and playing with this new sound.



I am not sure how long will it last, until today (6 days already) they still enjoyed this new sound.

I happily and quickly reported the result and sent the video to Mr.E, asked his permission to share the findings with my readers here.
He agreed but didn't want me to publish his name nor his sound name.
Thanks to Mr. E and my friend the owner of this BH. May God bless you both in every way you wish.

If you are interested in my experiment and finding and want to do this same experiment or further experiments yourself with your own sound, be my guest.

Anyone who do not believe in what I did, please ignore it, don't bother wasting your time to nag me.

I am not selling the sound or selling anything here, so I don't need to prove anything to anyone.
I just want to record and share what I found with my nice readers.

10 comments:

  1. Your friend installed motion detector for counting?

    Congrats! Seems like success is on the way. Ur new bh seems doing ok, one week already got shit patches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No counting device, only set at motion detect mode on a DVR recorder.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Good sound is one of the pre-requisition for a success BH.Other factor like - cement smell,workers smell, must be eliminated before you commission your BH.Lux level inside your bird house at the Roving & nestling room are also crucial.
    Swiftlets are attracted by new sound...but if condition inside your BH is not conducive then after a few weeks there will be less & less visitors.They will then "blacklist" your BH.So my friend..look into these few factors before you commission your BH.
    regards,
    tay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. คุณtweeterคะ จอย อยากได้เสียง ของMr.E มาทดลองดูหน่อยคะ ถ้าจะกรุณาช่วยส่งมาที่ email ตามนี้ ขอบพระคุณค่ะ joy6750@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ขออภัยค่ะคุณจอย เจ้าของเสียงไม่อนุญาติค่ะ

    ReplyDelete
  6. ค่ะ ขอบคุณค่ะ แล้วไม่ทราบว่าพอจะกรุณาบอกชนิด ยี่ห้อ ลำโพง ที่ใช้ภายในบ้านนกคุณภาพดี ให้หน่อย หรือที่คุณพี่ใช้อยู่ จอยจะได้ไปหามาใช้บ้างขอบคุณค่ะ

    ReplyDelete
  7. ต้องอ่านบทความนี้ http://mynewventureswiftlethome.blogspot.com/2010/09/are-we-using-right-speaker.html
    จะได้เลือกลำโพงเองเป็นค่ะ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I'm very new in this bird nest thingy, I'm impressed with the amount of work and money you have put in. I'm planning to start my first BH soon. I did you what you went through initially i.e. surf the net for information. There are many websites out there and only a handful are honest people like yours. Most are trying to sell their products and some are just Con jobs.
    Would you please share the sound from Mr. E? My email address is: wffoo7@hotmail.com. Thanks.
    Keep up the good work.
    Regards,
    Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry, Mr.E do not allow me to redistribute this sound.
    I have to keep my promise to him.

    ReplyDelete