Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sixteen year old nest

I found it in my kitchen!

Sixteen years ago, I was coughing badly for months.
One day my mom visited me and saw me coughing.
She asked whether I went to see a doctor.
I said yes, seeing many doctors and for months and still coughing.

At that time, my working place was a construction site full of construction material dust.

My mom went home and on the next days she sent me a box of bird nests, around 20 full nests.
I guess it's a cave bird nest.
She told me to double boiled it with rock sugar and eat daily until recovered.

I followed her instruction strictly.
Around 10 days after, I was totally recovered, not a single cough.
There were still two nests left and I just forgot about it.

Until recently that I was interested about bird house.
I remembered that I had it somewhere in the kitchen and found it in a forgotten drawer.
Both of them are very hard like a rock.
I soaked one in a warm water for three days three nights, still cannot soften it.

Now I have only one left, I think if I keep it further it will become a bird nest fossil!

Love my mom, no one will care about you and your health like your own parent.


nest3

nest1

nest2

No comments:

Post a Comment